1. What is Ejari?
Ejari is an online registration system initiated by Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA). RERA requires all Dubai rental or lease contracts to be recorded at this portal.
2. How do I register Ejari?
Ejari registration must be done in person at Ejari Centres (Al Manara Centre, Al Barsha Mall, Oud Metha, Port Saeed, Zabeel) or at Dubai Land Department.
3. What is the cost of Ejari?
Ejari registration costs AED 215 + VAT.
4. What documents are needed to register Ejari?
- Original Tenancy Contract OR clear scanned copy of the contract
- Copy of the title deed,
- Your physical Emirates ID card
- Copies of your passport & visa
- The owners ID documents and/or all Power of Attorney (POA) documents if the contract has been signed by a POA.
1. What happens next?
After your Ejari has been successfully registered, you will be able to set up your Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA).
You will automatically receive an SMS or email within the next 24 hours with an account number asking you to make your security deposit online.
2. What are the costs for DEWA?
- AED 2,000 security deposit for apartments
- AED 4,000 security deposit for villas
- AED 130 + VAT admin fee to set up your account.
Once the payment has been made, the utilities will be connected within the next 24 hours.